Baby coco worm ?

farris giffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
Just was re arranging some rock when I found this underneath one . It’s very pretty and has a hard tube like that of a coco worm and a “crown” like one to I put crown in quotation marks as I’m not 100% sure what it is I can’t get a better picture sorry as my anemone is attached to it
92BEB5E7-494E-454A-A68A-4CD4F16BAEE5.jpeg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks like one to me. Hard calcareous tube, twin crowns. It's certainly in the family of tube worms if not a coco worm.

OP
OP
F

farris giffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks like one to me. Hard calcareous tube, twin crowns. It's certainly in the family of tube worms if not a coco worm.
That’s cool it was living underneath aswell so I’m taking its nps making me think it’s a coco worm .there’s another one but it seems to be taken over by sponge

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great ! Is there anyway I can relocate it without hurting it as my anemone keeps walking around there
Coco worms secrete a calcium carbonate tube around them from the inside out I believe. So If you wanted to move it to a safer place, you could chisel it out and relocate it. If you damaged the tube a bit the worm has the ability to repair itself. The worm is likely not in the small tapered end of the tube, but in the front half. Occasionally tube worms leave their tube and move then create a new tube. Good luck!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back