OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you managed to get pics, video AND siphon them out before they disappeared into the rock work?! Mad skills shrimp momma!!
It was actually quite easy. I just sat on a ladder and took pics and videos with my feet and toes and used my hands to collect the shrimp

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats exactly what i was thinking . how are you home and watching the tank everytime that they are born ? lol good work though !
Once the female molts I can determine the week she will give birth and when her belly gets big it will happen in a few days about an hour after light out

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby shrimp

018BF049-845C-4080-9E16-1F1392816AC1.jpeg

Nice work!! I would try to slow down the flow even more. The fry looks pretty mobile so they probably don’t need that much help to stay floating.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
on the brine you are hatching your self??

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do you know exactly how to get them from boil jar or want detailed info sounds like you are picking up casings??

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nursery. Going to change out a half a gallon of water twice a day. More if needed. Perimeters have not changed but it has not even been a day so will see how they change. Have brine, three types of phytoplankton, the smallest rotifer, and two types of small pelagic copepods or free swimming copepods for them to eat and in a minute decapsulated brine. I spent more on their first food than I spend on myself at the grocery store in a month. Sounds like I have kids

521FB30D-ADCE-4E9B-9969-E645ED1577D8.jpeg

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First go at the tank I have found somethings that I will change next hatch. I changed out the screen to a 75 micron but still to small the brine like to gather on the screen and cause some of the water to trickle out over the top. I placed a book on the side of the tank thinking they were being attracted to the light. Helped a little. Might place a piece of curved plastic over it next time to keep them more in suspension. I took a pushpin and poked some holes in it but still having to rub the screen down. Was not thinking and placed the pump on top of sand so some sand has collected in the Kreisel. I propped it up on a rock and has temporarily solved the problem. I am sure there is more to come

0C19BEF9-795A-4C40-8AC4-D7DFF14589B2.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sill zipping twirling and bouncing around. I think they are attracted to light. They were gathered close to the side and sitting on the side illuminated by the kitchen light. I added a light overtop and they have migrated towards the middle so having a hard time filming them

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
when collecting the fresh baby brine,let jar settle 15 min use flashlight on side,use piece rigid air tube and airline tubing to suck out only movers 1/2-3/4" from bottom into another cup,then strain ,then add ,best results for pulling only live and no casings ,will gravitate to light in krisel

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what was hanging off the mom in the pictures. While collecting the shrimp I was tapping on the glass to keep the fish away so they would not eat them all and I accidentally scared her and she jumped and fluttered her underside and it detached. I collected it from the tank and put it in the Kreisel. I though they were babies that had not yet detached from its egg sac but they are still attached. Not sure if they are runts and did not make it or will still hatch. I read that the female will release larvae up to two days but not sure. The last two times I was not really paying attention to her and was just collecting the babies so she may have had eggs still attached previous times but this time she was right out in the open

F7564BD2-B72C-4891-8811-4B0CF04CDAD8.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back