Baby Mantis Shrimp?

the mantis lover

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
73
Reaction score
29
Location
sarasota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a picture of the full mantis shrimp life cycle specifically the basher class because a bunch of small mantis shrimp-like things popped up in my mantis shrimp tank and know they can hold sperm for a long period of time. my camera is absolute poo so I can't get a picture of a 1-2mm sized thing.
 
I dont know what the juveniles look like but thatd be awesome to see a mantis reproduce in captivity. And you're sure theyre not amphipods?
 
Sounds like amphipods to me....

Juvenile mantis shrimps are microscopic and look like this:
1616433948681.jpeg
 
I too thinking larger pods
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new