Baby RED fungia plate corals! NEW UPDATE!!! JULY 1st!

Amici

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so beautiful I would Kill for a red plate. If you frag them LMK.

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to seeing updates as they grow. This is pretty cool right here. I got my plate coral from a rock I bought from Vivid that had clove polyps on it. Well the cloves died and I threw the plug in my refugium for about 2 months. Pulled it out one day to use to to wedge another rock and within a week I had a nub of something neon green growing....4 months later there are 3 and there are more on the way. Crazy.

wicked demon

trained monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP FOR THE PICS!!! THEY ARE HERE!!! FINALY!!! THE HYPE WAS TRUE!!!!
I got my plate when I was working for my LFS and was doing maintenance. I was taking care of a congressmans tank, Pointed down, on the underside of a shelf was a small 1/2' long branch, with a head smaller than a pencil eraser, was a hitch-hiker (getting stung), I thought it was an alveopora cuz it had 12 perfect lil fingers. One week, while doing my duty (hehe duty), my boss showed up, and I pointed the hitch-hiker out to him and he thought it was a frogspawn, and he told me to remove it, which I did (to my tank), we were both wrong, it was a congressional plate!:tongue: is now 2 1/2"-3" dimeter in a little over a year.
Still answers to the name; "Congressional Plate".

Last edited:

got2envy

hello fishy fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome!! I did not know hat plates had the ability to do that ...makes me mad for throwing out my dead orange plate a while back :(

def put me down for one of those babies!!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
HOLY SMOKES thats friggin AWESOME. 103 WOW...even at $100 thats $10K WOOT!!!

Count me in Rev, I'd like one for sure.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone! I am super excited about this. I can't wait till they get a little bigger. I will definitely keep you updated.

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:wink:
Do you have a list started yet or is it to early? Feed those babies! Cant wait for updated growth shots.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Man that is one sweet pic with all those red fungia babies. I think there are enough there for every person that wants a red fungia plate on this board. *hint hint*. =D

Rev are you going to feed them when they get big enough? Probably a pain since there are so many but you can probably just use turkey baster and feed all at once!

maus42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Rev, keep up the feeding!

Lots of "LPS" corals do this - keep your skeletons! (in the sump at least ;))

Was gonna say the same thing. I can't tell you how many blastos / scolys I've saved that were "dead" that suddenly sprung back to life. My favorite oz scoly recently slowly died, but since I left the skeleton in it's now regrowing using its old skeleton.

In short with LPS, I don't toss the skeleton until its fully covered in algae / coralline and I'm 100% sure nothing is coming back.

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev are you going to feed them when they get big enough? Probably a pain since there are so many but you can probably just use turkey baster and feed all at once!

I used to out in a bowl outside the tank and let it sit in a mixture for about 10 mins, then put back when all feeder tenticles were back in.

Just my thoughts,

Grant

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 51 48.1%
  • Full frame

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back