Baby shrimp

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
1,916
Reaction score
311
Location
Carrollton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I woke up and saw about 10-20 1/4" to 1/2" long baby shrimp. The only shrimp I have in my tank are 3 cleaner shrimp all 3 are always carrying eggs. 1 blood shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp. Pretty sure they are baby cleaners by the way they move but could be wrong all shrimp are that are full grown are about 3 years old now. They are all hanging out in a couple of holes in my live rock so the fish cant get to them and they run when I shine the light on them. I feed frozen food cubes all types blended together every other day. Also feed pellets daily 2 times a day, as well as algae for foxfaces. Then once a month I feed reef chili from BRS about 7 scoops. This might be what fed the shrimp to get them to the size they are. On top of that I feed a premixed coral food once a weeks about 2 cap fulls for my 105 reef tank.


Sent from inside the shark tank!
 
I tried but they move the second light hits the area they are in.


Sent from inside the shark tank!
 
They are still to fast to snap a picture of and when I look at them I think they are cleaners, blood, or maybe a hitchhiking peppermint shrimp (which is fine I do have some aptiasa growing)


Sent from inside the shark tank!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new