Baby snails are brutal to wavemakers

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else got to deal with this? At night I have dozens or a hundred or so little white shelled baby snails crawling all over the glass and they have gotten to the size that they stop my nero’s and I have to take them apart and clean to get the snails from behind the propeller. Good thing is that the nero’s are super easy to get apart and at least they stop themselves instead of burning out and I am sure the baby’s are killer for eating bad stuff but dang they suck. Of the two I have, I have to clean one or another every other day to get these snails out.
always wanted my snails to have baby’s so careful what you wish for.
Interesting problem

FBAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. Black, needs to bi ID'd. They cover the front glass at night but don't seem to go to the back of the tank. I had them get in my nero and knock the covers off. had to move them to the back of the tank where it's fiberglass embedded with aragonite. They did the same with my vortex MP10's but I was able to 3Dprint some finer covers to keep them out.

Interesting problem indeed.

Snails.jpg

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. Black, needs to bi ID'd. They cover the front glass at night but don't seem to go to the back of the tank. I had them get in my nero and knock the covers off. had to move them to the back of the tank where it's fiberglass embedded with aragonite. They did the same with my vortex MP10's but I was able to 3Dprint some finer covers to keep them out.

Interesting problem indeed.

Snails.jpg
wait quick question do you need an actual id on these because they are dwarf ceriths also sorry for high jacking the thread i like snails lol

FBAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait quick question do you need an actual id on these because they are dwarf ceriths also sorry for high jacking the thread i like snails lol
Never really looked close enough to worry about ID'ng them. Never bought any to add to the tank so I assume they came in from other stock. I have giant turbos to do most of the cleaning if they can keep from turning themselves upside down.

OP
OP
Waynerock

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guards don’t work I am talkin little white pellet sized baby baby snails. Definitely snails cause you can see the eyestalks with a magnifying glass. The shells are like Little Rocks that make the blade stop. This little white dot that you can’t see is what they are

Attachments

• AB1434FB-2450-4AC2-A87F-A5B2B3DE6A4D.png
    AB1434FB-2450-4AC2-A87F-A5B2B3DE6A4D.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 38

FBAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if a foam ring could be made. Similar to the ones that come with the vortech's

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back