Baby trochus snail

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've just been looking at my tank and noticed I have baby trochus snails on my glass, they're so small I nearly scraped them off thinking they where something else. I can tell they are trochus by the banded shell.
I was just wondering if there was anything I needed to/could do to help make sure they survive, I really like trochus snails and it would be great to have some successfully breed in my tank.
I don't believe this tank has anything that would eat them in it, stocking is 2 clowns, 6 trochus snails, 4 nassarius snails, 3 red leg hermit crabs and a fire shrimp.
They gave plenty of live rock and coral to hide around just want to try and help them as much as possible to survive
Also how often could they breed? Would be cool if they could sustain the tank naturally without buying more when one dies

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cool love to hear,only thought of danger imo ,would be hermits?

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool love to hear,only thought of danger imo ,would be hermits?
I'll keep an eye on the hermits but the snails appear to be on the glass, I don't scrape one side of any algae to make sure there is always good for my snails, and that appears to be where there majority are and the crabs are on my rocks

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i added about 30 trochus snails a few months ago. my daughter just counted 90 baby snails in the tank now. i really dont need 120 trochus snails. lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back