Baby Trochus Snails

With advanced tech and the ability to keep stable and favorable conditions, I see a lot more captive breeding of certain hard to breed species. Invert and fish alike.
 
I had six adults, and they all died after about three months. Last month I saw a few small one, now my crushed coral is alive with them. There must be over 100 small ones, mostly in the substrate! At any given time there will be eight or nine around the glass. I have a 155 gallon tank, so there are plenty of places for them to hide.
 
I had six adults, and they all died after about three months. Last month I saw a few small one, now my crushed coral is alive with them. There must be over 100 small ones, mostly in the substrate! At any given time there will be eight or nine around the glass. I have a 155 gallon tank, so there are plenty of places for them to hide.

That is very cool! I found 2 more last night, spotted three of the real tiny ones, didn't find the bigger one. One was on the back wall cruising. Also spotted some white roundish squiggly things on my rock. Wondering if those are more to come.
20170607_141716_001_resized.jpg
 
Probably not a coincidence... they may have both spawned at the same moon.
I think this is awesome, but I just spotted baby trochus in my tank today and went searching online to find this very recent thread! The timing they have is incredible [emoji2]
 
This is interesting timing. I recently discovered about 80 baby Trochus snails in my sump. In the last few days I have also spotted several in the DT (now that they're big enough to see in the rock). Here's a picture of a few different sized ones I took out to photograph.

Baby%20trochus1_zpsbaarxadb.jpg
 
I had them breed in my nano. I think I only had like 4 or so, ended up with around 50. Most made it to adults and are now in the large display.
 
I had my tank tank for 3 months with only one trochus snail amd just notices this liylle baby on the ledge.
1000008374.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new