Baby turbo snail?!

ZachariahBeanzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
290
Reaction score
118
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just looking at my tank this morning when I saw this…If I can can a better picture later, I’ll try
IMG_2022.jpeg
IMG_2026.jpeg
 
Possibly a Collonista snail. They tend to look like baby Turbo snails.

What other snails do you have in the tank?
 
They can populate pretty rapidly so keep an eye on pumps and powerheads as there have been plenty of reports of them plugging them up.

They can be beneficial as well so it's not necessarily a "get it out and throw it away!" issue.
 
I should state, I had them in a 75 and in a 125 with 0 problems. I added a Halichoeres melanurus though and ended up with no more Collonistas.l eventually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new