Baby Turbos?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
9,699
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a small 20 gallon peninsula tank with like 8 turbo snails and a couple astrea snails. I was cleaning the glass today and saw what I believe is a baby turbo snail? I wasn’t trying to breed them. Is this possible? Has anyone had success breeding snails like this? I know they lay eggs all the time which is a nice fish escargot but has anyone accidentally reared them to sub adulthood?
 
Without a picture is it hard to say.
Turbo snails can reproduce in a tank so there is definitely the possibility that yours have babies.
But there are also tiny snails that reproduce very easily in tanks which might fool you to believe you have baby turbo snails.
You will find out which of those you have in time and see whether they grow up to become large turbos or stay tiny and just grow in numbers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new