Baby Yellow Tang - stomach

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a crazy looking yellow tang. I hope it can recover! My Yellow Tang had a similar issue (bloated and don't eat for 10+ days) but not as extreme of a case. I tried feeding LRS, herbivore feast, TDO, and frozen mysis which it was excited to see but did not/could not eat. I also bought one of those circular brine shrimp hatcheries and started feeding that as much as I could (ie, 3-4 days a week depending on hatching schedule). Eventually the tang started eating the small brine and picking at the rocks. Initially it looked like the tang was as just going through the motions and not actually eating anything off the rocks. I think this is because it wanted to eat but could not do so. Eventually it started pooping and eating.

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a crazy looking yellow tang. I hope it can recover! My Yellow Tang had a similar issue (bloated and don't eat for 10+ days) but not as extreme of a case. I tried feeding LRS, herbivore feast, TDO, and frozen mysis which it was excited to see but did not/could not eat. I also bought one of those circular brine shrimp hatcheries and started feeding that as much as I could (ie, 3-4 days a week depending on hatching schedule). Eventually the tang started eating the small brine and picking at the rocks. Initially it looked like the tang was as just going through the motions and not actually eating anything off the rocks. I think this is because it wanted to eat but could not do so. Eventually it started pooping and eating.
I have brine shrimp eggs. I could try feeding baby brine

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Anyone know what this could possibly be? He’s had it for almost 2 weeks, growing bigger each day. Smooth bump on one side and bumpy on the other. It’s a baby YT from biota. Haven’t seen it eat in several days though I think it might be grazing when not looking. Just now caught the fish.

IMG_3589.jpeg IMG_3588.jpeg
My tang died over the weekend. Biota said it’s likely a bacterial infection. You may want to look into possible treatments for it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back