OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished painting the stand last night and I am going to let it cure for about a week before I set the tank and get it wet but before I do that I have a question about using polyurethane or some other sealant on the top where the tank will sit. I use the polyurethane on the corn hole boards I make and it drys fast and holds up well. My question is, what are y'all using or is an extra coating even necessary on the top? FYI: My biggest concern is the tank eventually sticking to the paint. (I will post pics of the finished stand when I get home today.)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up my 75 gpd 5 stage RODI last night and I ran it for an hour to flush the membranes. I drilled a 1/4” hole in my 55 gallon drum and ran the line straight into the barrel. I let it run over night and part of the morning until I had about 40 gallons of filtered water. I turned off the RODI unit and added two heaters set at 78° to the barrel. Heading out now to visit some local LFSs and hopefully when I get home the water will be up to temperature and I can start mixing in the salt. If I am lucky I will be able to get the tank wet tomorrow.

6618EDE2-69CE-4710-81D5-BFE9584CCB0D.jpeg

OP
OP
PacoPetty

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank wet last night and ran it overnight through the stock media basket and filter media. Now I am ready to add my in tank media basket with filter floss, Chemi-pure elite, and Marine pure gems but when I rinsed the Chemi-pure elite it turned the water a rusty brown color. I have dunked it several times in the bucket of salt water and it continues to run brown rusty water. Is this normal?
Also, I am going to add the Fritz turbo start 900 today as soon as I get the media basket in the back of the tank.

Back