Back Glass Recommendation

Dave_C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI All,

Looking for some advice - approx 50 gallon tank with sea type background pasted on the outside.

Problem is the background is developing air bubbles and starting to look sh1t .. just wondering on any advice on how to decorate the back glass from the inside of the tank - perhaps some Coral ???
Be goodto see some pictures to guide this novice

Cheers
Dave

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI All,

Looking for some advice - approx 50 gallon tank with sea type background pasted on the outside.

Problem is the background is developing air bubbles and starting to look sh1t .. just wondering on any advice on how to decorate the back glass from the inside of the tank - perhaps some Coral ???
Be goodto see some pictures to guide this novice

Cheers
Dave
I've got a solid black background that's doing the same thing. I've not yet got around to the fix, but my plan is to remove the b/g and use some sort of adhesive on the back of the background and attach it to a sheet of plexiglass. Then I'll put the plexi in place and wedge it against the tank with some tennis balls between it and the wall.

Not sure how it's gonna work out, but it can't be any worse than it is now.

Option B is to somehow clean all of the residue off the back and squeeze a small roller with black paint between the tank and the wall. Will not be pleasant if that's what I need to do.

OP
OP
Dave_C

Dave_C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a solid black background that's doing the same thing. I've not yet got around to the fix, but my plan is to remove the b/g and use some sort of adhesive on the back of the background and attach it to a sheet of plexiglass. Then I'll put the plexi in place and wedge it against the tank with some tennis balls between it and the wall.

Not sure how it's gonna work out, but it can't be any worse than it is now.

Option B is to somehow clean all of the residue off the back and squeeze a small roller with black paint between the tank and the wall. Will not be pleasant if that's what I need to do.
Feel your pain mate - invest all the time and money into the tank, aquascape etc and the bleedin air bubbles make ye look like a numpty :)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Zoas, GSP, plating monties all do good.

Mine is getting covered with coralline so painting it to begin with was only a temporary solution anyways.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to attaching my background as described above. Used olive oil and a squeegee to attached the B/G to the plexiglass. It's only been a couple of days, but so far, so good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back