Back in the game after 10 years hiatus. 75g mixed reef

JRSE7EN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone /wave. I'm building out a 75g Aqueon in my mancave.
Right now I possess the tank,
BRS 150gpd<?> 4 stage kit,
a couple BRUTE 32gal cans w/lid for SW mixing
I have a 40g breeder with Fiji Cube baffle kit on the way,
RocketEngineers stand plans I'm coating in shiplap to match my fireplace/tv wall area
Vertex skimmer <not sure which model>
CPR CS-102 overflow
Old school Coralife 150w halide/t5 48" fixture

I had a 55g thin 4 foot tank I broke down a while back and have missed the hobby ever since. Unfortunately, alot of the valuable and still useful equipment is long gone so I need to buy over again. I'm going to try to keep the skimmer as it always worked well for me before. 50/50 on the halides because of heat and energy costs. The ballasts haven't been fired up in 10 years so there's a chance it doesn't work at all. T5's work but needs new bulbs. A rigorous scrubbing is due for it then I will proceed to fire it up after that.

So I'm thrilled to be back here again. I introduced my wife to the hobby last month at Reefapalooza, and she gave me the greenlight! She's a little bummed we didn't win any raffles; but what are you gonna do?.. She would have let me get that Neptune tank only if I had a truck to take it home, boohoo. If anyone bought that they got a heck of a deal! Anyway, that's my introduction. Take care everyone!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone /wave. I'm building out a 75g Aqueon in my mancave.
Right now I possess the tank,
BRS 150gpd<?> 4 stage kit,
a couple BRUTE 32gal cans w/lid for SW mixing
I have a 40g breeder with Fiji Cube baffle kit on the way,
RocketEngineers stand plans I'm coating in shiplap to match my fireplace/tv wall area
Vertex skimmer <not sure which model>
CPR CS-102 overflow
Old school Coralife 150w halide/t5 48" fixture

I had a 55g thin 4 foot tank I broke down a while back and have missed the hobby ever since. Unfortunately, alot of the valuable and still useful equipment is long gone so I need to buy over again. I'm going to try to keep the skimmer as it always worked well for me before. 50/50 on the halides because of heat and energy costs. The ballasts haven't been fired up in 10 years so there's a chance it doesn't work at all. T5's work but needs new bulbs. A rigorous scrubbing is due for it then I will proceed to fire it up after that.

So I'm thrilled to be back here again. I introduced my wife to the hobby last month at Reefapalooza, and she gave me the greenlight! She's a little bummed we didn't win any raffles; but what are you gonna do?.. She would have let me get that Neptune tank only if I had a truck to take it home, boohoo. If anyone bought that they got a heck of a deal! Anyway, that's my introduction. Take care everyone!
Welcome back jrse7en,
Sounds like you are on your way to success!
And the wife's ok to boot.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to reefing. :)

Almost like Christmas with all the new toys that you are going to find though research.

Have a great day!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back