Back in the game

palmerbasskilla

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
159
Reaction score
74
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 16 years I finally decided to get a tank going again for my Gf's son and I was looking at either a 60gal deep blue rimless
Or a marineland 45 gal rimless both are at my local store
Any thoughts???
Thanks
 
I'll be the first to say it... Bigger is better! I don't know the exact measurements of the tanks so that could be the deciding factor. Whether you want to use 1 or 2 lights possibly?
 
That's what I'm thinking,any thoughts on the make?
Marineland vs Deep blue ?
 
Either one is good. What I would be checking is the drain systems to make sure drains and overflow would work how I wanted. They are both good as I recall but haven't used either. I like Deep Blue 60 better though. Gives more fish options.
 
Welcome and congrats for jumping back in. I agree...go with the larger tank. Sorry I can't be more help with brand selection.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457762654.131665.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457762665.454358.jpg


Went with the marineland 45 because of the size room it was going in,so far very happy with the way it came out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new