Back in the hobby after over 20 years...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Proxses
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome back!!

welcome.gif
 
That's a bigger response than I expected.... Wow

Right now the wife and I are trying to put together a good fish list while the parts slowly come in.

I used to have predators, but I don't want to do that this go around.

Here are the ones we like. I'm betting not all can go in.

Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Fox Face
Black Ice Ocellaris pair
Reef safe Wrasse
Royal Gramma Basslet
Reef Chromis
Shrimp Goby pairing
Fire Shrimp

I know it's risky for the two dwarf angels. Most likely we need to decide which one.
And yet, some have no issues. Fish are kinda like people. Some you just don't want around...

I'm thinking some of these might not work. Still reading.

Any thoughts?
 
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby. Actually only the equipment has changed, the science has not, so you will be fine.

Your fish list doesn't look too overwhelming but you are probably right about only having 1 dwarf angel.
 
WELCOME BACK!!! It's good to get salty again.
I was out for 13+ years. There is a lot that has changed but the fundamentals are the same. Don't get bogged down with the myriad of choices you have. Take your time, do your homework here, and ask a lot of questions.
First time wet after 13+ years in storage...
DSCN2714.JPG

8 months later... Feels so good!
Tank.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!!
 
Here is the progress so far...
Gonna be a cabinet with doors on the bottom. Sump in the center, and electronics on the right. Storage on the left.
Leveled it this evening and locked it into the floor joists.

7A521DE7-2AE6-467E-B43F-7AD77547AADC.jpeg
 
Here is the progress so far...
Gonna be a cabinet with doors on the bottom. Sump in the center, and electronics on the right. Storage on the left.
Leveled it this evening and locked it into the floor joists.

7A521DE7-2AE6-467E-B43F-7AD77547AADC.jpeg
Space, lots and lots of storage space. NICE!
 
Here is the progress so far...
Gonna be a cabinet with doors on the bottom. Sump in the center, and electronics on the right. Storage on the left.
Leveled it this evening and locked it into the floor joists.

7A521DE7-2AE6-467E-B43F-7AD77547AADC.jpeg

Did you use Quartz or Granite or some thing other for the top? The picture does not quite give it away.
 
Did you use Quartz or Granite or some thing other for the top? The picture does not quite give it away.
It's cheap counter top material. MDF underneath. Granite and such is out of the budget, unfortunately.
This is more of a budget starter to get comfortable with it all again.
 
th
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new