Back in the hobby, new to R2R

Jake28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m getting back into the hobby after being out for some time. I started in high school and it quickly became an addiction. However, due to college and working so much I just didn’t have the time to keep at it. Fast forward to now (I’m 25) and I’m back at it. I happened to venture into a LFS, saw an amazing reef tank, then got hooked again. Tank is currently cycling, equipment being acquired/hooked up, and now just super anxious to start stocking my tank.

Little more about myself, I’m an EMT in a semi rural county and also a volunteer FF with my local department. Being in public safety is awesome. Long hours and lots of work, but the cool thing is I work 24s so I only work 10 (usually more though lol) days a month...which means more time for my tank!

Thinking of doing a build thread possibly. I wish I would’ve in the past because it’s pretty awesome to see the progression our tanks go through.

Anyways, hi!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C74AED19-B3ED-4A91-A05D-DE17853DF740.jpeg
D3601C33-B65C-4B20-9F9B-FCF61A30CBD9.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Thinking of doing a build thread possibly. I wish I would’ve in the past because it’s pretty awesome to see the progression our tanks go through.

I agree, we love following build threads.

Michelle Conabere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m getting back into the hobby after being out for some time. I started in high school and it quickly became an addiction. However, due to college and working so much I just didn’t have the time to keep at it. Fast forward to now (I’m 25) and I’m back at it. I happened to venture into a LFS, saw an amazing reef tank, then got hooked again. Tank is currently cycling, equipment being acquired/hooked up, and now just super anxious to start stocking my tank.

Little more about myself, I’m an EMT in a semi rural county and also a volunteer FF with my local department. Being in public safety is awesome. Long hours and lots of work, but the cool thing is I work 24s so I only work 10 (usually more though lol) days a month...which means more time for my tank!

Anyways, hi!
Hi there I to am setting up a new tank. But this time marine. Corals and fish I'm new to saltwater aquariums so I'm taking it snails pace. Just getting everything that I need. I have had tropical fish in the past so I wanted to take up the challenge and do saltwater. I'm currently looking at getting RDOI unit. Here in Melbourne at my Local aquarium they don't have BRS ones so was wanting one. BRS don't ship to Australia so I have no idea who to get it from. I know what I want but the set up in the shop I went to doesn't have it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back