Back in the saltwater saddle again...

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I retired and moved to a 30 acre farm located in NW Arkansas about 14 years ago. I shut down my SW tank at that time, sold all my fish, corals and lots of equipment. My sons, who live outside of Orlando, FL. are bugging me to move down there. I am very remote where I live and I am not looking forward to another move or city living. Plus, I think Florida in general is too expensive. I am quite happy on the farm. That being said, I would like to start up my SW tank again. My question, do those who live in truly rural areas have good luck getting fish and corals shipped in? Who would you highly recommend? I am lucky as I have a huge stand by generator that easily runs the whole house in case of a power outage! I am thinking a 180 gallon tank. I have a huge sump pump, skimmer, 200 lbs of crushed coral, lots of dried out rock, lighting fixtures, wave setup, etc. I had some beautiful tanks before and they were very relaxing. Well, just thinking about it! I

IMG_0180-1.jpg Brain.jpg

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if you want to continue your hobby and start fresh, I would happily say go for it, in regards to getting fish/live delivery I would avoid it especially from where you live, if you want to keep a nice aquarium just go out and shop around areas where you live, some sellers will meet you halfway if you want cheap trade

OP
OP
Ladipyg

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I am on well water, I have an RO/DI system for my animals. I have the usual farm livestock, horses, mini donkey, pot bellied pig, chickens, turkeys, ducks, guinea hens, plus the usual assortment of wildlife, raccoons, skunks, deer, wild turkey, opossum and the occasional bobcat, coyote or fox! Indoors I also have corn snakes, ball pythons, 10 tarantulas, anoles, crested geckos, veiled chameleons, a rabbit and a few fresh water aquariums! All and all it's a good life. I am currently thinking of adding a large, lean to type greenhouse. Then I would consolidate all my animals in one place with ideal heat and humidity. I think a tank on a stand built of bricks would be ideal! Resistant to the humidity and stable. Just thoughts for now...take care!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back