Back to reefing this time with EXT 200

kratosxxl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2020
Messages
132
Reaction score
57
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. For sone unknown reasons i did it again. This time all in with 200 gall. Tomorrow a build day. I have couple nice folks from local lfs to help me out with lifting and shifting since i have an injured back.

IMG_7658.jpeg IMG_7657.jpeg
 
Good luck on your new build!
 
Very cool! This is gonna be great!
 
Following along!
 
So folks. Tank is up. I water tested it for 24 hr no leaks no cracks. Next on to buying rock. For those in LA area , ellis aquatics selling dry/live rock for 2.50 its unheard price. But did anyone was able to build shelf like scape ?
Im 1hr 30 min away and im not sure how ti properly cement live rock without killing life on it by it siting outside of water to cure.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7665.jpeg
    IMG_7665.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 28
So folks. Tank is up. I water tested it for 24 hr no leaks no cracks. Next on to buying rock. For those in LA area , ellis aquatics selling dry/live rock for 2.50 its unheard price. But did anyone was able to build shelf like scape ?
Im 1hr 30 min away and im not sure how ti properly cement live rock without killing life on it by it siting outside of water to cure.
Glad it passed the leak test!

I have seen a couple of shelf-like scapes on here, and honestly, I like them. It gives you plenty of room for coral to grow.
 
Folk. Im getting there, small update on a tank.
Trying to figure out how to hide cables. Did anyone used maxspcet 350 on this type of tank ? Magnet feel weak tbh. Googling says itcwill be fine when i fill up water due ti pressure but im not sure.



image.jpg

image.jpg
 
and this is Work in Progress view of my Home Assistant :)
1784739596784.png
 
What you guys think ? I think im ready :)



image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
 
Does it look good ? Or i f** up ?
I have 60lb live rock from Ellis Aq and 80 lb dry from etsy.



image.jpg

image.jpg
 
Next is waiting for ammonia to drip and check par with apogee.
 
Oh yeah :) added lot of fish kalkstirrer bunch of frags. Ill post pictures later today. Now going thru ugly phase
I will be living precariously through you as I wait for my tank to arrive 😅 i'm currently debating kalk stirrer, OR(and this is very likely) a calcium reactor as my tanks going to be almost exclusively acropora. Can't wait to see some pictures! Its nice to have ugly phase pictures to look back on a year later and appreciate the progress!
 
I will be living precariously through you as I wait for my tank to arrive 😅 i'm currently debating kalk stirrer, OR(and this is very likely) a calcium reactor as my tanks going to be almost exclusively acropora. Can't wait to see some pictures! Its nice to have ugly phase pictures to look back on a year later and appreciate the progress!
Isnt cal reactor drops ph ? My tank is in garage/office so fresh air is not an issue. I was thinking about it too but my load is light so im manually dosing 20 ml red sea alk daily and 600 ml kalk but i will start dosing alk with hydros soon.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new