Back to school

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
109,419
Reaction score
246,771
Location
Wisconsin -
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
As we often hear, its " Back To School" time -

Speaking of school, how many us keep schools of fish and what type?
Any issues with squabbling and bullying and what size tank are they in (This will help others consider) ?

Pics are welcomed
 
I’ve always wanted a harem of fish. I don’t think it feasible to keep a true “school” of any fish in our hobby, but I hope someone can prove me wrong!

I tried on 2 different occasions to keep 6 blue chromis in my 120g tank. They would get along OK for a few months then start picking each other off. Within 1-2 years I was down to 1 fish left. I still have the lone survivor and it has been in my tank many years now. His name is Fred :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_5241.jpeg
 
I’ve always wanted a harem of fish. I don’t think it feasible to keep a true “school” of any fish in our hobby, but I hope someone can prove me wrong!

I tried on 2 different occasions to keep 6 blue chromis in my 120g tank. They would get along OK for a few months then start picking each other off. Within 1-2 years I was down to 1 fish left. I still have the lone survivor and it has been in my tank many years now. His name is Fred :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_5241.jpeg
It seems often harems (in better terms tend to dwindle down). Im lucky to have 5 anthias from original 8 over 5 years
 
It seems often harems (in better terms tend to dwindle down). Im lucky to have 5 anthias from original 8 over 5 years
That’s awesome! I have a single lyretail anthia and was considering adding a few more…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new