Bacteria or banged up?

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200410_074815.jpg

I just noticed the blemishes on his belly. He is eatting good very active. Not sure if he has infection or just bruised. I did dose furna2 once, but I didn't do water change after. I let meds sit in water. I only doser furna2 because he had hide behind heater and had Bruce on his face.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like scrapes. Are you running a powerhead aimed up at the surface to supply the fish with O2? The meds will be using up some of the available oxygen in the water column.

OP
OP
Victor Guyton

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like scrapes. Are you running a powerhead aimed up at the surface to supply the fish with O2? The meds will be using up some of the available oxygen in the water column.
Thanks ..I hope it is a scrape. I just moved powerhead up. Thanks for info. My wif stays cloudy. I have been running hypo salinity .. Was told dropping salinity to fast cause bio load to die off

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While running hypo, I wouldn't run anything else like copper or meds. Can put lots of stress on the fish and its immune system. Which could contribute to conditions that are often responsible for bacterial infections, etc.

OP
OP
Victor Guyton

Victor Guyton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While running hypo, I wouldn't run anything else like copper or meds. Can put lots of stress on the fish and its immune system. Which could contribute to conditions that are often responsible for bacterial infections, etc.
Thank you.. I will keep that in mind next time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back