Bacterial bloom in salt tub?

starfishguy869

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2023
Messages
258
Reaction score
78
Location
Quebec
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed up a batch of saltwater and used a pump that came from a different system. Now it’s all cloudy and the salt is all dissolved. Should I just toss it?
20260119_222612_1FF6A475-0AF1-42CA-A532-BD3188F31652.png
 
What brand of salt? Did you follow mixing instructions?
It is very unlikely that it is bacterial bloom, bacteria need food to grow and I guess you didn't add it to saltwater.
I sense some kind of precipitation and I would just test parameters like Ca and Alkalinity to see if those are acceptable.
 
Ok thanks. Will do that now. Red Sea coral pro
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new