Bacto Balance & pump dosing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I want to use a dosing pump for the Bacto Balance but the minimum quantity of my pump is 1 ml and I have to dose 0.5 ml.
Can I dilute Bacto Balance 50%? with RO water or other?

Thank you

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I've been wondering as well. Currently I only dose .25ml every day- it's actually pretty interesting how that little amount is helping keep N & P stable.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will not answer the question but I use the GHL Doser 2.1 and it can dose down to 0.1ml.

1690511987143.jpeg

Nice for these low doses or low doses spread over a day etc…

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, we are in company holidays and so I took also some days off of the forum. :)

Dilution with water is not a good idea since the high concentration makes the NP-Bacto-Balance stable. It may be diluted with other products that are bacteriostatic and fungistatic (inhibiting the growth of fungi, moulds and bacteria) themselfes like All-For-Reef or Carbo-Calcium.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, we are in company holidays and so I took also some days off of the forum. :)

Dilution with water is not a good idea since the high concentration makes the NP-Bacto-Balance stable. It may be diluted with other products that are bacteriostatic and fungistatic (inhibiting the growth of fungi, moulds and bacteria) themselfes like All-For-Reef or Carbo-Calcium.

I hope you guys enjoyed your holidays.

I'm glad you were able to answer that question for us, I was considering diluting in RODI, but now I won't.

Now how would one figure out how much All-For-Reef you would need in a set volume to prevent NP-Bacto-Balance from growing mold, bacteria, etc. For instance, what if I wanted to put 100ml of NP-Bacto-Balance in a container to hook up to dosing pump- how much All-For-Reef solution would you need? Is that even a question that can be answered?

OP
OP
bandando

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the cost of sounding silly, is dosing by hand not an option? Its such a tiny dose that using a dosing pump seems overkill. Unless, of course, you are away from the system for days on end.

I dose 3ML daily by hand, all at once.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the cost of sounding silly, is dosing by hand not an option? Its such a tiny dose that using a dosing pump seems overkill. Unless, of course, you are away from the system for days on end.

I dose 3ML daily by hand, all at once.

That's how I've been doing it. I was just more curious in case of vacations, holidays, etc.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back