Bacto Blend/Therapy for N03 Reduction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dubmaneh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day,

Looking for some guidance on dosing Bacto Blend and Bacto Therapy to reduce N03. System has been running for about 5 years but recently had a setback with P04 falling to 0 and a subsequent rise in N03 and P04.

Should I start with the regular dosage of 3ml/26gallon/week adjusted for older tanks (1ml/26gallon/week) or use the treatment dosage adjusted to 30%?

70Gallons or 265 litres net volume.
N03 - 25ppm
P04 - 0.3ppm

Thanks,

ben0u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also a new member however my tank has been running for more than 18months now. Minus a few hiccups along the way I'm happy and so are my fish and corals. I would follow their dosing instructions to the ml. fauna Marin products are super concentrated and VERY effective. Happy with the results in my mixed reef

20201130_135321.jpg

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day,

Looking for some guidance on dosing Bacto Blend and Bacto Therapy to reduce N03. System has been running for about 5 years but recently had a setback with P04 falling to 0 and a subsequent rise in N03 and P04.

Should I start with the regular dosage of 3ml/26gallon/week adjusted for older tanks (1ml/26gallon/week) or use the treatment dosage adjusted to 30%?

70Gallons or 265 litres net volume.
N03 - 25ppm
P04 - 0.3ppm

Thanks,
Hi
If you have an older tank, start with the normal Dosing recommendation For older tanks and raise it all 10 days if necessary, Please check the Po4 level regulary, du to the work of the bacteria´s they can open the depots

OP
OP
D

dubmaneh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fauna Marin Thank you. I've been dosing over the past few weeks and increasing my dosage. Would that explain why my P04 has increased recently?

I usually struggle with low Nitrates vs high Phosphate. Will the bacteria eventually balance this out or do you recommend something else. GFO has worked in the past but I've more often than not caused issues either forcing P04 down to 0 or lowering them too quickly going this route.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you Nitrate is 0 and also no other nitrogen source is available the Po4 cannot reduced , so if you add some nitrates or nitrogen over Elemental N then you will see that the Po4 can be reduced
Also important to check the Trace Elements missing Zink is often a reason for to high Po4 levels also

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you Nitrate is 0 and also no other nitrogen source is available the Po4 cannot reduced , so if you add some nitrates or nitrogen over Elemental N then you will see that the Po4 can be reduced
Also important to check the Trace Elements missing Zink is often a reason for to high Po4 levels also
Does this product have to be stored in a refrigerator? Or room temperature?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back