Bad advise?...Got an emerald crab...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Congaken
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
409
Location
Livingston Manor, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a small emerald in my 10 fusion...now, I read (too late) and hear that they may eat corals and/or lilttle fish...Opinions on this?:confused:
 
I have had emeralds for years
I have not once since 2005 seen my emeralds eat anything other than food and algae.
I have seen them throw up their arms when a fish gets too close but never any harm.
 
I've always had Emeralds in my tanks. Never an issue for me but someone will chime in that's had problems. Like everything else in this hobby , there are no definites.
 
I had one that would fight over a spot with my Pom Pom crab. The Pom Pom always won and then he would have the spot. Never saw the emerald much anyways. Once a month id see the scuffle go down.
 
My emerald crab was part of the first batch of my cuc and I've never had problems with him, actually when I feed my fish with the turkey baster he will come out and I feed him just like I feed them :).
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new