Bad bad coral, in time out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
7,594
Location
Franklin, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what the *ell did I buy, looks like a bad behaved spoilt brat.... This was after I moved it for fear of the tantrum affecting near by corals. Before this picture there must have been ten or more sweepers and one reaching at least 6 inches. Its name is appropriate, Toxic Galaxea.

Bad bad Coral in time out..jpg
 
Yea Galaxea have some the longest sweeper tentacles I have ever seen. I believe I saw some at the LFS one time reaching over a foot away and sticking to some other corals. Nasty little buggers.
 
Well, looks like you won't need that German Shepard watchdog after all, ha ha.
Looks like my wife will have to do a wellness check on me every hour, I'm afraid it might come out of the tank after me. :D
 
Yea Galaxea have some the longest sweeper tentacles I have ever seen. I believe I saw some at the LFS one time reaching over a foot away and sticking to some other corals. Nasty little buggers.

I will watch it closely, might trade it in if it gets out of hand, if anyone will take it. :(

It was sitting close to a Favia, that also likes to kick off at night, but that favia gets special treatment due to it value....:D
 
GSP is cheaper and looks the same[emoji23] Less aggressive as well.

-Zack, who banished his galexia to the sump for 2 days where it zapped my Caleurpa[emoji23]
 
I put my Acan Enchinata in a time out too. Had to move it to the corner of the tank because it stung too many nearby corals.

Look at this poor Cyphastrea. This was two months
ago, but it's alright now.
c3yjehUm.jpg
 
Wow, I have three Acan Enchinata's located on their own. I think I can recognize an Acan Lord, but the Enchinata I find difficult, sometimes they look like Favia's.
 
Hard for me to tell too. I just took the lfs's word and gave it enough space around the other corals. I thought 4" would be enough, I thought wrong.
 
Once I had a rhodactis mushroom expand in size to sting a near by clove polyp colony
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new