• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just received a 1000 ml Bottle of Acropower and it has white clumps floating on the surface.
Is that normal or did I receive a bad bottle?

20170628_165739.jpg

20170628_165728.jpg
20170628_165734.jpg

Greetings

Felix

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Just got Acropower for the first time and its consistent liquid. Whats the expiration date? Looks like those Aminos clumped up :eek: You'll have to return and replace...

OP
OP
Moonfruit777

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick replies!
Here is a photo of the date... don't know what date that is supposed to be ^^

It was quite hard to come by the bottle of AP in Germany... I ordered from Amazon (so return should not cause any trouble) and the bottle came from Denmark...

Any suggestions if I could just remove the particles and still use it? Something in the fluid must have solidified so it may not be containing all amonis anymore :(

20170628_182017.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, chemical reaction happened to separate it that way. Agreed, temp may have played a factor. Each bottle I get is clear.

OP
OP
Moonfruit777

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick tip:
hold a bright flashlight against the back of the bottle - you will see the clumps/solid pieces floating around in the bottle without breaking the seal :)
It might be easier to return a closed and sealed bottle than an opened one...

20170629_191649.jpg

I'm still looking forward to try AP out ;)

OP
OP
Moonfruit777

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
The new 1L bottle of AP got delivered and again it is full of chunks...
I'm thinking about putting the liquid through a strainer to filter the solids out.

What part of the Acropower could precipitate out of the solution? Is it important stuff? Will it affect the mixture/proportions of the ingredients?
Maybe thats a question for the chemistry pros here :)

I will also try to contact the cusotmer support of Acropower / twolittlefishies to see what they have to say.

OP
OP
Moonfruit777

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2:
The Twolittlefishies support just answered my email.

"That is a precipitate that happens sometimes because we make AcroPower at nearly the saturation point for some ingredients. So, to answer your questions, no it is not normal, but it is not rare either. It is not harmful. Yes you can decant or filter out the white precipitate and use the clear solution. The strength is reduced from a fresh bottle, but it will still work."

Thanks again to the Support team that answered my questions. I am glad it is good to use - without the official statement I probably would have discarded it. :)

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing happen with my bottle. I received the same answer but was not happy to have a reduced strength product. I responded back to the after getting that response and they ended up sending me a new one that had no precipitate in it.

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good customer service and somewhat expected in this hobby. I say that because most of these products were developed by hobbiest gone pro. They know it sucks getting a reduced strength/broken this or that and would not accept that on their end.

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why they dont slightly dilute the recipe though. If they say its a well known issue because of the super saturated concentration, why not dilute the product a little bit so this doesnt happen. By the looks of my bottle which was more than half filled with crystals when it was poured out, I would think a diluted product would be stronger than a product that crystallizes out as much as that. All they would need to do is tweek the instructions a little bit to increase the dose slightly and problem solved.

OP
OP
Moonfruit777

Moonfruit777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they probably wont send a new bottle to Germany :( - that would be awesome though ;)

I will use it since it was very hard and expensive to get hold of it.

I dumped the content of the bottle through a strainer which removed all of the big clumps and then squeezed them to get all the liquid out.
Left me with a slightly cloudy liquid with very fine particles in it - but they wont clog my dosing unit.

Surely it is not the best circumstance as it will not be as strong as supposed and I'll have to dose more.
I nonetheless will start with the recommended dose as I would rather dose too little than too much.

@Reefiness I totally agree - they should dilute it a little bit to prevent these problems! I will not be 100% comfortable using it.

nicsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also bought a 1 litre bottle of this from Amazon in the UK with the same paper sticker presumably from the same seller. I think the sticker you pictures just says 32 Ounces. If you pick it off it covers a lesser volume marking.

I have the same problem with lots of white muck settled on the surface. I was concerned that it was fake as I now can't find 1 litre bottles anywhere else so I am somewhat relieved by the response you got from TLF but at the same time rather disappointed as I guess it is old stock or has not been stored properly.

I'll take it up with Amazon as although I bought it 6 months ago I have only just opened it and I have stored it in a cool dry place so see no reason why it should have gone off.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back