Bad Emerald Crab?

AlyHarper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So my nano tank has 2 clowns, a watchman goby, afew snails and an emerald crab.Yesterday I brought home my 1st long tip anemone. It found a good place to grip between 2 rocks and the sand, looks happy and healthy. This morning my emerald carb came right over to it, and pinched off a good chunk of a tentale!! My first instinct was to reach in there and pluck him right out! But then I think the tentacle that he pinched off stung him. He swiped at the stung claw and ran off. Do you think I should still remove the emerald crab? Or could he have learned his lesson?

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef! You could try feeding the crab meaty food like pellets but personally I will never have an emerald crab in my display again overnight I had one eat about 30 zoa heads in a large colony it completely decimated them. Id be chucking the bugger in the sump

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R?

Don’t k ow the answer but curious what you are going to do.

283B45A2-314A-4F3B-A860-9AD005E0F9B5.gif

OP
OP
AlyHarper

AlyHarper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef! You could try feeding the crab meaty food like pellets but personally I will never have an emerald crab in my display again overnight I had one eat about 30 zoa heads in a large colony it completely decimated them. Id be chucking the bugger in the sumphey that KS for t

Welcome to reef2reef! You could try feeding the crab meaty food like pellets but personally I will never have an emerald crab in my display again overnight I had one eat about 30 zoa heads in a large colony it completely decimated them. Id be chucking the bugger in the sump
I have heard a lot of horror stories, but then there are a handful of people who really love their crabs. For the past few hours he has been leaving my anemone alone... I'll keep ya posted on how it ends up! Haha

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I trust a politician more than I trust an emerald. They are excellent workers if they do their job and not misbehave.
I however believe most are age. . . TERRIBLE 2
They do blend with anemones

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I doubt the anemone hurt the crab. I am sure the hard shells do not have that kind of nerve endings. Personally I am one with bad experiences with those crabs. They were great until I caught mine eating a good chunk out of my clams mantle.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So my nano tank has 2 clowns, a watchman goby, afew snails and an emerald crab.Yesterday I brought home my 1st long tip anemone. It found a good place to grip between 2 rocks and the sand, looks happy and healthy. This morning my emerald carb came right over to it, and pinched off a good chunk of a tentale!! My first instinct was to reach in there and pluck him right out! But then I think the tentacle that he pinched off stung him. He swiped at the stung claw and ran off. Do you think I should still remove the emerald crab? Or could he have learned his lesson?
Welcome to the R2R community!!
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I've suicided two emerald crags for going after my corals. Unfortunately, I keep bringing them back in because they are so interesting.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give it time. They can be a bit destructive but you will probably never have bubble algae!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back