• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad experience with Deltec USA

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Octocat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello-- I wanted to share my experience buying replacement parts for my skimmer from @Deltec USA.

A few weeks ago I broke the plastic inlet piece of my skimmer. I contacted Deltec USA on the 13th and received a reply that stated the part was in stock. I replied about 2 hours later asking for the invoice, but it took a week and multiple more attempts to contact Deltec USA before it was sent. I promptly sent payment right after I finally got the invoice (early in the morning), but the item didn't ship out until the following afternoon (basically 2 business days later).

As a result, the total time to receive an in stock part for my skimmer will be 14 days assuming FedEx can deliver on time. This is unacceptable from a company that offers a premium product in an industry where our livestock depends on the equipment they supply and way slower than industry standard IME.

On top of all this the tiny plastic part cost $20 and another $3 for shipping. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the whole experience.

MannyE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be thankful the part was in stock and you didn't have to wait months compared to other vendors.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back