• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad Experience with Reeftopia

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to even have to post this, but I figure if it helps others it'll be worth it. I sure hope I had been warned.

I placed an order with Reeftopia (my second one) first one went ok, no issues. This time around, I waited 3 days after placing the order and not hearing from them to reach out about the status of my order.

No response, but I did get confirmation of shipment and package came the next day.

Nothing fancy, just a regular order for 20 peppermint shrimp and a few other cleaners.

2 of the shrimp arrived dead. I honestly wasn't going to even bother contacting them over $12 bucks, but what really irritated me was the fact that they didn't even packed 20 shrimps. I only received 15 (including the 2 dead ones)

Again, no big deal, but I was already disappointed at their lack of customer service when I placed the order.

I reached out to them via email/phone several times, no answer.

Just thought I would share my experience. I have dealt with many amazing vendors here, but unfortunately there are a few bad apples out there!

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to even have to post this, but I figure if it helps others it'll be worth it. I sure hope I had been warned.

I placed an order with Reeftopia (my second one) first one went ok, no issues. This time around, I waited 3 days after placing the order and not hearing from them to reach out about the status of my order.

No response, but I did get confirmation of shipment and package came the next day.

Nothing fancy, just a regular order for 20 peppermint shrimp and a few other cleaners.

2 of the shrimp arrived dead. I honestly wasn't going to even bother contacting them over $12 bucks, but what really irritated me was the fact that they didn't even packed 20 shrimps. I only received 15 (including the 2 dead ones)

Again, no big deal, but I was already disappointed at their lack of customer service when I placed the order.

Just thought I would share my experience. I have dealt with many amazing vendors here, but unfortunately there are a few bad apples out there!
I've had the opposite experience with an excellent order, with 0 missing, but I've never had to deal with their customer service. I would stick to it and see if you can get someone on the line. I'm guessing their low prices must come at the cost of not much customer service.

OP
OP
davidrod8

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't know, this is not recent, it's been a couple of weeks. I feel like I have given them plenty of time to make it right, but they chose not to, so at the very least I'm warning others.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Call direct, Kimberly or Pete, explain what happened, they WILL correct and reship for free !
any prob after talking to a person , PM me... ;) :)
Good people, 20+ yrs with them JME..

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't know, this is not recent, it's been a couple of weeks. I feel like I have given them plenty of time to make it right, but they chose not to, so at the very least I'm warning others.
I guess we had our orders around the same time, then. Sounds super unfortunate. At least it sounds like you have a good chance getting things resolved.

OP
OP
davidrod8

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called, I emailed, several times... just not sure what else I'm supposed to do...

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Call Tue-Thurs 7:30- 9:00 AM EST.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I called, I emailed, several times... just not sure what else I'm supposed to do...
Check your email ,etc, refund was just issued about 20 min ago.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things happen but OP already went to work for the money he spent. Shouldn't have to work to get it back.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To be short and blunt , when real life happens ,everything else takes a backseat , [FYI approx last month and a half ]
They should and hopefully be back to normal operations in the next few weeks .

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You should put it in the vendor feedback forum. @Daniel@R2R

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should put it in the vendor feedback forum. @Daniel@R2R
Did you read the thread ? not a vendor or member here anyhow.
I think this was resolved with a clear explanation ,
@davidrod8 ? resolved ?
30+ yrs without a glitch in business ,and kick them when they're down ?
Not how R2R Works.
#MODS , please do as what you feel necessary.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your email ,etc, refund was just issued about 20 min ago.
I'm assuming you known them personally? Whats the issue on the lack of customer service for the OP?
Things happen but OP already went to work for the money he spent. Shouldn't have to work to get it back.
This.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clearly not going to debate here.
Waiting for response from OP , then I'm out .
Sorry.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moved to vendor feedback per our policies regarding feedback threads

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back