• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bad Experience with seller: mdiesel

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a couple of Jason Fox ******** from him last weekend. Communication when it came to providing pics and what account to send funds to was great. When it came time to receive my shipment things started to slow down. I asked him for confirmation the day before and he replied stating that he was going to provide me with a tracking number the evening he shipped them out and one never came. I took leave from work in hopes that they would arrive the next day by 10:30 and nothing ever came. Again, he never provided a tracking number so I could not tell where they might have been in transit or whether he even shipped them. I texted him that morning for confirmation and nothing... I texted him again later that day and still nothing... By this point I am pretty upset because I don't know whether he shipped them or whether the shipping company was experiencing issues. He finally responded later that evening providing a tracking number and come to find out the shipment was outside my door in 50 degree weather. UPS never knocked on my door or rang my door bell so again, I did not know to check because I did not have a tracking number to see if they had been delivered. The zoas don't look like they are going to make it and I am out the money I paid. I am not sure I can refute that through PP since I did pay the fees. This was my experience with him and it may not reflect how he has conducted business with others but I just thought I would share it. If you do end up buying from him, make sure that he provides the proper information to you throughout the transaction or you may end up with a dead shipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the interesting part is that he just submitted a negative trader rating against me when all I did was send the money when the deal was made and waited for the tracking number which never was provided. If he knew everything or part of what I wrote was incorrect he would explain his side but that is not the case. I have dealt with a lot of members on this board and I always come through with paying on time. I have also received tracking numbers on every transaction except this one.

OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked up the tracking number off the shipment and he shipped the items 2nd day air:

San Antonio, TX, United States02/06/20157:15 P.M.Delivered
02/06/20156:39 A.M.Out For Delivery
02/06/201512:13 A.M.Departure Scan
San Antonio, TX, United States02/05/20155:37 P.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States02/05/20154:03 P.M.Departure Scan
02/05/201512:10 P.M.Arrival Scan
Maumee, OH, United States02/05/20156:09 A.M.Departure Scan
02/05/20155:43 A.M.Arrival Scan
Livonia, MI, United States02/05/20154:19 A.M.Departure Scan
Livonia, MI, United States02/04/201511:43 P.M.Arrival Scan
Detroit, MI, United States02/04/201510:58 P.M.Departure Scan
02/04/20159:14 P.M.Origin Scan
United States02/04/20156:51 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Pretty sad when he told me on Thursday 02/05/15 that he was getting ready to ship the zoas out that evening and he would provide me with a tracking number. Total SCAM!!!!! Nonetheless, I opened a case with PP to see there is any way I can recoup what he took from me.

OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting to see if he is going to plead his case, but the fact that he has not made any attempts tells me that he knows what he did is wrong and doesn't want to admit it. There should be some sort of 'scumbag' list and put people like him on it.

mdiesel

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but I never recieved pictures , nor am I responsible for your negligence . I blocked your number because of what you said to me and what you tried to pull.

Your exact words at 10:28 pm :Hey man, forget shipping the frag, can you just refund me my money. The full amount. If the funds are not in my account by tomorrow I am going to proceed and open a dispute through PayPal. It's your choice.

Then when I send you proof of delivery which was 3.5 hours before you sent me that message you Quickly change your story to this :Well it did get delivered and I didn't notice it at my front door until after 10pm at night. UPS never rang or knocked on my door. My concern was the lack of communication on your part to provide me with tracking info. That would have been a huge help and something I would definitely expect. Didn't happen and now the zoas were sitting in 50 degree weather while the heat packs didn't help much. I'm going to have to take this one on the chin and hope they pull through which doesn't look like it at this point.

Why am I held responsible for you not noticing a package outside of your door for over 3 hours ? You told me you were going to take the day off to wait for the package . The shipping company told me 10:30 am. When you purchased the item you sent PayPal and then your adress and asked if I could have it there by Friday and that is all. You asked for a picture days later and I sent you three pictures of the same frag under 3 different sets of lighting.When you asked for a tracking number I was at work and didn't have my phone on me . As soon as you said the package was not delivered I jumped into action for you only to find out the package was delivered . Negligence on your behalf is not my fault . Lack of communication ? That's a joke . I'm sorry the corals did not make it according to you but how do I have proof of that? You never sent me any pictures of the corals... How do I know they were actually on the porch for over 3 hours? How do I know you don't have them in your tank still? How do I know that something you did or your water perameters weren't a factor ?

OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in the past I have purchased from new and established members, as well as sponsors and have never been burned. To me, just because a person has a significant amount of posts doesn't necessarily mean they are honest when it comes to buying or selling. This guy was selling an item that looked legit from the texts he was providing me before I decided to send funds. I did not gift him the funds so I will see what PP credit tells me before I throw in the towel. I just thought I would share my experience with the guy before he scams anyone else on this board.

OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I will admit that the texts you provided by me are accurate, but you failed to mention how you also texted me on Thursday, 02-05-15:

"Yes sir will notify you tonight when I get the tracking number have a great day. Also to answer your question about which carrier I use ups. Sorry been at work all day and just now leaving class"

I then responded:
"Is it normally before or by 10:30 or it gets there when it gets there. I'm trying to see whether I should work half day or just take the whole day as a work from home day. Thanks"

Your response:
"It's by 10:30am"

The interesting thing is that you had the tracking number all along and did not want to provide it because you knew the package was not sent overnight or next day as you put it in a previous text:

"Hello George 40 next day 1.5 inch styro cooler Mylar lined triple bagged packaging peanuts heat packs...."

I checked with UPS about the arrival and they stated that you did not purchase a 10:30 option and instead chose to send it 2nd day air. If I would have known that this was going to be your choice of shipping I would not have gone through with the purchase. I don't think anyone would. Deceptive sales on your part and lack of providing me with tracking information is what led to me being scammed by you. The corals are indeed dead. I would not be making these types of statements to anyone if they were not true. There's no reason for me to lie about this or anything concerning this transaction. Apparently I am not the only one that has been burned by your deceptive shipping options.

Now please, tell me I am lying about the texts you sent that I provided.

OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the above statement is also inaccurate:
"
When you purchased the item you sent PayPal and then your adress and asked if I could have it there by Friday and that is all."

Because you stated via PM after I had asked if you could ship Thursday for Friday delivery:

"Yes I can ship Thursday for Friday delivery"

Please check your PM's and you can follow the brief exchange we had there before we took it to texts.

mdiesel

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon after the PayPal dispute you opened up they sided with me . As I can't be responsible for your actions after they arrived alive . Thanks it was a pleasure doing business with you , Call me what you want but I'm not responsible for your negligence .

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gcantu2002

gcantu2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does not excuse the fact that you lied about the way you were going to ship. Like I said and will continue to state, you are a deceptive seller and the truth is in all the other phony transactions you have swindled money from legitimite buyers. I am sure somewhere down the road in life you will find the true meaning of KARMA.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 81 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back