• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

DEADBEAT SELLER ALERT - JELBIN

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef Community - Beware of Jelbin - He is a deadbeat seller

Last week, Jelbin listed a 2 year old working Neptune Trident for sale (for sale ad here: New York Testing Drygoods Trident water tester)

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 1.31.50 PM.png

I responded and asked if the unit was still available, would he ship to my location, if he could take additional photos, include the 1 link cable, and provide a tracking number when shipped, to which Jelbin agreed. I promptly paid the seller and thanked him for prompt communication.

This is where the transaction went South. I have not received any communication from Jelbin, he has not logged in to R2R since our transaction, he has not responded to private messages or emails to his Gmail address, requesting the tracking number be sent. I receive shipping alerts from UPS, USPS, and FedEx. There has been no package issued for delivery from these shippers to my address. Further, I have been in contact with two other purchasers here on R2R who fell victim to the same scheme. These individuals responded to Jelbin's for sale ads, had a similar experience, promptly paid Jelbin, and then have been left in the cold. I have filed a claim with PayPal, and I hope Jelbin receives the consideration he deserves for his poor actions and affecting our reefing community.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 1.32.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 1.32.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 3.05.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 3.06.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 2.26.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 2.47.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 10.01.51 AM.png

Last edited:

Caleb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have had the same issue. Purchased an Ecotech Mp40 last week with no communication since. I’ll be filing a PayPal claim shortly.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The staff has taken preliminary action and is reviewing the situation. This kind of situation is one of the reasons we have the rule that sellers may not request payment via unprotected payment methods. Difficult transactions are much less problematic when there is an arbitration system in place.

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The staff has taken preliminary action and is reviewing the situation. This kind of situation is one of the reasons we have the rule that sellers may not request payment via unprotected payment methods. Difficult transactions are much less problematic when there is an arbitration system in place.
I can provide similar screen shots, emails, texts etc if needed for my transaction if needed as well

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm always hesitant to purchase from someone with such a few number of posts.

FYI, looks like he signed in yesterday...

Last seen Yesterday at 3:29 PM

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular old PayPal goods n services for me, too. I would have passed if he suggested otherwise. The irony is that he commented on a scam thread like two days earlier, then performs a scam himself.

jaysreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I got scammed on the Reef Dose he was selling. I sent funds with PayPal in October and never received the item.

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I got scammed on the Reef Dose he was selling. I sent funds with PayPal in October and never received the item.
PayPal approved my claim and my funds were returned. It's worth disputing if you haven't done so already. You may also be able to dispute with your credit card or bank depending on how your PayPal is linked up. Hope you get some relief from this.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you use the report button on your messages to him and let the R2R mods know. @Daniel@R2R

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back