Bad Install

585bird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys had my Peninsula 950 installed .They installed the cabinet flush with floor so doors scrape on floor when opening them .My concern is the multiple foot pads are not engaging and the tank sits on the cabinet portion .Will this be a future problem ?Warping ect ? Plus they sold bogus QT (fish are sold next day if they can)fish all ended up with ick/velvet and dead .Said no need for a QT .Im a newbie to the hobby .So after reading many posts on ick it seems starting over draining tank .This is a mixed reef setup.

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the foot pads are not touching the floor and thus making it unevenly weighted, this will definitely cause a problem eventually whether 3 months from now or 5 years. The pane of glass with the most pressure on it will usually let go at the silicone the fastest.

I would personally have them or a different company come and fix it, and try to recoup some of the cost for the sloppy job.

I would also recommend setting up a 10-20gal QT tank regardless and even just putting fish in there for 2-3 weeks for observation alone, new fish don’t have to be medicated, just observed for signs of illness.

I QT all new fish for minimum 2-3weeks, even from “pre-QTed” sources because you never know if they accidentally cross contaminated, are lying about the length of QT it went through, etc etc. there is a million variables when fish get sick.

You don’t need to restart the tank, but now that the DT has ich in it then you will want to fallow it with no fish at all for 45-60 days. Inverts and coral are fine, but no fish in the tank.

OP
OP

585bird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the foot pads are not touching the floor and thus making it unevenly weighted, this will definitely cause a problem eventually whether 3 months from now or 5 years. The pane of glass with the most pressure on it will usually let go at the silicone the fastest.

I would personally have them or a different company come and fix it, and try to recoup some of the cost for the sloppy job.

I would also recommend setting up a 10-20gal QT tank regardless and even just putting fish in there for 2-3 weeks for observation alone, new fish don’t have to be medicated, just observed for signs of illness.

I QT all new fish for minimum 2-3weeks, even from “pre-QTed” sources because you never know if they accidentally cross contaminated, are lying about the length of QT it went through, etc etc. there is a million variables when fish get sick.

You don’t need to restart the tank, but now that the DT has ich in it then you will want to fallow it with no fish at all for 45-60 days. Inverts and coral are fine, but no fish in the tank.
Thank you ! I’m getting another local company to install properly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back