Bad isopod?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMS18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2015
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
2,156
Location
The Shore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell if these guys are good or bad. This might be the reason to my zoas dying. They seem to match up with a images of isopods. If they are bad how do I kill them?

uploadfromtaptalk1448340061939.jpg
 
To be exact, it is a munnid isopod.....harmless.
 
If you really want to kill them, get a mystery wrasse ;) or any wrasse for that matter lol they'll get rid of your pod population
 
If you really want to kill them, get a mystery wrasse ;) or any wrasse for that matter lol they'll get rid of your pod population
I have a flasher but don't think he eats them. Since they are harmless I don't care. I wasent sure at first as I have been losing lots of zoas and I see them crawling all over my zoas at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new