Baffle installation question

OrlandoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to install a baffle in my sump that is up and running. I know silicone would be ideal but I’d rather not have to shut down the sump for the cure time if I don’t have to. What are your thoughts on using a super glue gel to set in a glass baffle to glass sump. I understand it’s not ideal but I’m not generally concerned about it being 100% leak proof. I am separating a pump so I can pull water to sterilize and not recirculate. Has anyone done this or at least tried glass to glass super glue with good results? Thanks in advanced.
In the photo you can see the glass I’m referring to. I have a lil diy live rock wall holding against it which I assume will help hold pressure while the reef mat side has pressure against it as well. I just want enough seal so the water level falls over baffle.
IMG_2760.png

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do it but it’s gonna be a mess. I would at the least turn off the return and empty it before you do it.

OP
OP
O

OrlandoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a tight fit and your not worried about small leakage... Why use anything?

Are you cutting it yourself?
It’s somewhat tight but enough gets through where I’m worried I’m recirculating sterilized water and my copods are getting through and I’m trying to avoid an easy way for them to be sterilized . Glass is already cut and to size from when I removed the filter sock and baffle to install reefmat.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Use rubber pads on both sides of the baffle. Then wedge it in. The rubber will hold it in place.

I have done this. Like you said it will not be watertight but it will keep large particulate from getting to the next chamber

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back