Helped needed making 75 gallon sump

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got a 75 gallon tank 48/18/20 and need to convert it into a sump to support a 200 gallon tank. Currently i never build a good sump and want to basically buy some glass sheets and install them unless there’s a magical way to glue acrylic to glass cause silicone doesn’t work well ideas?

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass panels from a local glass store are (IMO) the way to go, especially if your baffles will be plain sheets. This should be economical and fairly easy to install with silicone.

Just make sure you measure right and see if they’ll round two corners at the bottom of each panel so you’re not digging into the silicone. Or grind them at home if they charge too high a premium for that.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass panels from a local glass store are (IMO) the way to go, especially if your baffles will be plain sheets. This should be economical and fairly easy to install with silicone.

Just make sure you measure right and see if they’ll round two corners at the bottom of each panel so you’re not digging into the silicone. Or grind them at home if they charge too high a premium for that.
Dang didn’t thing of the bottom silicone thanks!
I wanna do 4 chamber style and idea what kind of measurements I’d need to do and how to design this thing of the chambers I’d like chaeto growing with a wave maker

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back