Balf's first reef tank - 150g

Good recovery from the algaes and I am sorry for your losses. Ever consider a screen top to prevent future jumpers?
 
Good recovery from the algaes and I am sorry for your losses. Ever consider a screen top to prevent future jumpers?

I actually have all the stuff to make the screen (mesh and frame) which I bought a while back and haven't had time to complete it, which makes it even worse losing a fish. ;Shamefullyembarrased
 
oaww man that's a zinger. Time to put some time aside to construct the lid. Everything looks good and you're learning all the time. I'll be tagging along to see it fill in!
 
Glad to see a tank with the same dimensions, it helps with ideas. I really like the aquascape you have. How are the acropora doing?
 
Glad to see a tank with the same dimensions, it helps with ideas. I really like the aquascape you have. How are the acropora doing?

Thanks! The acroporas are doing really well. The birds nest is growing like crazy, you can almost see the difference daily. I love the purple acro. I keep watching it, expecting some disaster, but it's encrusting and holding its amazing colour, so fingers crossed (it's wild harvested).

I pulled the trigger on the Profilux 4 controller yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new