Bali shorcake vs UC Bali shortcake

reefrider777

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
1,021
Reaction score
566
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between a bali shortcake acro and a UC bali shortcake acro? Is it just lineage?
 
Uc balishortcake blows every shortcake out of the park. It has a purple sheen to it
 
One's aquacultured and the other one can be maricultured or wild.
 
Basically they all came from the same place but there could be variations. I have the UC Bali Shortcake (actually from UC) which is phenomenal but don't see much if any difference between that and others I have seen. I have one from Battlecorals Adam sent me as part of a pack but he calls it reefers poison envy. I saw one somewhere the other day but with some off the wall name but it was a Bali Shortcake. I've also seen some come into stores as maricultured that were supposed to be Bali shortcake but were not IMO. If you get it from BC or UC don't think you will go wrong.
 
I always keep my frags on a rack about 2/3 down in tank (and keep there until fully encrusted and growing) but it really depends on your lighting. My small colony is about mid tank and they do like a lot of light. One thing I will say about them is they are very hardy. I lost some stuff some time back due to a alk crash but it was one of the group that survived. It may have stopped growing much and lost some color but it never even turned brown. Every bit as hardly as my red planet which I would call one the most durable corals. The crash barely phased the red planet and just didn't get PE for a while.
 
They all come from the same place. I've had wild, mari and from UC. They are all the same.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new