Bali Sun MH reflector

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , anyone here using this reflectors with MH bulbs ?
I want to know pro's and con's about it
20220810_210231.jpg
20220810_210245.jpg

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all about the needs for the application, so each system is different and will call for a different type and/or dimensions of fixtures. It's better to call Dave at Hamilton when someone wants to start a system and see what they have available for the system they want to set up.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all about the needs for the application, so each system is different and will call for a different type and/or dimensions of fixtures. It's better to call Dave at Hamilton when someone wants to start a system and see what they have available for the system they want to set up.
Thanks mate I already talked to him...right now its the only reflector that they have available , because HUGE orders for MH reflectors.
He told me that he don't remember such HUGE amounts of orders, in the last years.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate I already talked to him...right now its the only reflector that they have available , because HUGE orders for MH reflectors.
He told me that he don't remember such HUGE amounts of orders, in the last years.
Yes, I'm happy to hear that and for so many people that are using halides at the moment!!! I see that it is much better accepted now for discussion too, and respected as an amazing powerful option to grow any reef system!! It's so gratifying to know that my precious time in this forum and other channels wasn't in vain in the past decade+! Many public aquariums are also going back to metal halides for it's superb results. I truly hope that Hamilton would come up with a new line of metal halide gear, including a halide/T5 system, maintaining their quality, to refresh this hobby! It's a time of change and expectation.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm happy to hear that and for so many people that are using halides at the moment!!! I see that it is much better accepted now for discussion too, and respected as an amazing powerful option to grow any reef system!! It's so gratifying to know that my precious time in this forum and other channels wasn't in vain in the past decade+! Many public aquariums are also going back to metal halides for it's superb results. I truly hope that Hamilton would come up with a new line of metal halide gear, including a halide/T5 system, maintaining their quality, to refresh this hobby! It's a time of change and expectation.
Totally agree !

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , anyone here using this reflectors with MH bulbs ?
I want to know pro's and con's about it
20220810_210231.jpg
20220810_210245.jpg
I use reef brite reflectors which look pretty similar to these Hamiltons. I run 20k halide bulbs with 2 orpheks bars and 2 blue plus T5.

One good thing about the reef brite reflectors and ballasts is they run cool.

Last edited:

delv2323

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and use it with a 250 watt Radium over half of a 75 gallon frag tank. Hung ten inches above it covers the area very nicely. It's a rectangle that at that height covers a rectangle area perfectly.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and use it with a 250 watt Radium over half of a 75 gallon frag tank. Hung ten inches above it covers the area very nicely. It's a rectangle that at that height covers a rectangle area perfectly.
What ballast are you using with the 250 watt radium? I’m thinking about trying one with my reef brite ballasts. I wouldn’t mind a little more blue.

delv2323

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using a galaxy electronic ballast set to super lumen. It works fine, corals love it. You can use whatever ballast you want, you just might need to splice the wires to attach.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back