Bamboo shark egg question

alddb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have two coral shark eggs. We are prepared and read about them. But seems very limited info. These sharks been active, whether just a small movement of tail or what ever until a few days ago. The yolk sac is about the size of a pencil eraser.
My question is how much time is left at this point?
and I know they are tight in egg now but what type of movement should we be watching for now? I can’t tell Gill movement due to the water movement… just can’t get clear enough view.
Picture was from last night.

F9807FC6-9BB8-4F19-8C9E-48DAF4EC03AF.png

shrimplord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, we waited a week after ALL the yolk was gone then assisted in “hatching” they will be stunned and may take a day to realize they aren’t in the egg still, but if you wait to long i’ve been told they can starve or have fin rot! I watched a few youtube vids on assisted hatching but it was fairly easy!

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have two coral shark eggs. We are prepared and read about them. But seems very limited info. These sharks been active, whether just a small movement of tail or what ever until a few days ago. The yolk sac is about the size of a pencil eraser.
My question is how much time is left at this point?
and I know they are tight in egg now but what type of movement should we be watching for now? I can’t tell Gill movement due to the water movement… just can’t get clear enough view.
Picture was from last night.

F9807FC6-9BB8-4F19-8C9E-48DAF4EC03AF.png
Hi I was curious where you got your coral cat shark eggs? I’ve been looking everywhere for months and haven’t found anything?

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry disregard I see in title bamboo shark. Good luck with them though please post your progress look forward to following along!

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry disregard I see in title bamboo shark. Good luck with them though please post your progress look forward to following along!
Coral Catsharks are now officially "Near Threatened" conservation status so they will no longer be getting imported.
1674255921939.png

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Catsharks are now officially "Near Threatened" conservation status so they will no longer be getting imported.
That’s a bummer they were always my favorite thought it would have been cool to have a pair but doesn’t look like that’s going to happen smh. Anyhow thanks for posting that info!

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s a bummer they were always my favorite thought it would have been cool to have a pair but doesn’t look like that’s going to happen smh. Anyhow thanks for posting that info!
Yeah, unfortunately not. I do have a pair in my tank that are close to close to breeding size. I will post on here to sell the egg if they ever breed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back