Bamboo shark

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJ26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DJ26

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been waiting out my 15 week hatching period for my shark egg to hatch . And all has been going well. 3 more days till the 15 weeks were up . Today I came home and the shark was not moving in the egg. So I took him out and he was dead? Yesterday he was moving and breathing. When I removed him from the egg this is what I found ? Does any one know what causes this kind of stomach bloat??

C195D57E-028D-445E-B33F-75848F988C88.jpeg C4FE8261-C8D9-4750-B176-0336CBCDC00C.jpeg 636BF14C-965E-447A-B226-0A22E06788E4.jpeg
 
Probably death. Gas buildup from decomposition post-death....just a guess.
 
Death, the egg probably suffered a miscarriage and the bacterias are decomposing the shark inside out, releasing gases that bloat it. Just try another egg, this is a rare case and you just got an very, very unlucky moment, good luck with the next egg if you buy one
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new