Bamboo worm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tickolas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tickolas

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2026
Messages
161
Reaction score
244
Location
Sweden
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spotted this tiny little asparagus-y guy next to one of the spaghetti worms. Could it be a bamboo worm maybe? Less than 1cm sticking out of the sand. (Also, never noticed those tiny hairs in the sand, wonder if they're just my Marimo balls shedding or if I'm starting to get some hair algae)

1787137856932.png
 
I think your correct with that being a bamboo worm.
For the algae I'd try to pull some out and compare it to the balls.
 
I think your correct with that being a bamboo worm.
For the algae I'd try to pull some out and compare it to the balls.
Thanks! I'll leave the guy alone for now then, unless it develops big ol' jaws or something. Will check the algae, it's so tiny I only noticed it when taking this pic =)
 
Thanks! I'll leave the guy alone for now then, unless it develops big ol' jaws or something. Will check the algae, it's so tiny I only noticed it when taking this pic =)
Ha,Ha! Hopefully no big jaws come ripping out of the sand🤣
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new