"Banana Fish" - Fish ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter BubblesUp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BubblesUp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
63
Location
Salt Spring Island, BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS had these and referred to them as "Banana Fish". Silver with yellow line horizontally down the body.
Banana Fish.jpg
 
If I remember it’s a member of the Bream family growing to about 8-9”. I had one and it grew to about 6-7”...smaller fish were on the menu.
 
Most stores I have seen them in call them Yellow Line Snapper, I've always heard that they need a large tank (180+ gallons), sometimes reaching up to a foot in total length, they are a danger towards inverts as well.
 
Their body length is closer to 6-7", but as they mature they grow long streamers on the tail that brings the total length to close to 12".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new