Bananas terrify bicolor angels

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trever
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Trever

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
671
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice this? I have a pair of bicolor angels in a species specific tank right next to my desk.

If I come with a banana I'm eating, they are scared to death. Other things I might carry can frighten them too, but not like bananas. Yes- they go bananas over bananas. The dominant male hides like nothing, while the smaller female is long gone, digging her own grave because she's sure the end is neigh.

Color and size of a banana? Any predators that would have the same color? Does it look like potentially another bicolor to them, only huge?

Their reaction is so severe I don't bring bananas into the office anymore. It's like they're gonna jump off a ledge or something, and I don't want that!
 
funny
 
There are some scary looking bananas in the ocean...


green-moray-eel_1024x.jpg



Smile!

moray3-thumb.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new