Banded pipefish and sexy shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grallster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Grallster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
192
Reaction score
135
Location
South Bend
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.
Just got some sexy shrimp. I knew they were gonna be small, but wow, small is an understatement! I was planning on putting them in my nano mangrove tank with a banded pipefish, but they are about the size of the mysis he’s been eating.
What do you guys think would be better, taking the risk with the pipefish, or putting them in my frag tank with a pair of 3” clownfish?
Thanks
Dave
 
Currently I have mine with a big molly who has just giving birth and therefore are in my pico tank with 20 sexies. She's not touching them. I think that maybe the Molly and clowns have similiar sized mouths?
 
I think whatever fish companion you choose make sure not to drop the shrimps in like food. Drop them off on a rock or something, otherwise the fish will be much more inclied to consider the sexies a meal.
 
I put them in with the pipefish because they will be more viewable for me there. Everything has been fine so far.
 
Hi. How's it going with pipefishes and sexy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new