Bangaai Cardinal breeding .

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alfie424
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alfie424

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
44
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bangaai cardinals have bred 4 times now but the male fish always eats the eggs and the longest he’s kept them is 4 days . Is this common among bangaai cardinals ?
 
Cardinals are mouth brooders. The males hold them until they hatch :)
 
Yes it it mine eats them everytime . I keep hoping one day hell figure it out.
 
Same lol , I think my male one may be wild caught because he is a more fussy eater then the female so maybe that’s why he’s eating them .
 
Hi. I’ve been breeding bangaiis for the last year. My pics and video are all over the breeding forum and my Facebook page, @PaulsPodsAZ, where I have all my breeding projects documented with video and pics. I’d like to help you with your problem with your male. I’ve got a couple of PDFs that cover breeding them in detail as well as a textbook. Message me with your info and I’ll send you copies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new