Banggai Cardinal fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jblaine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jblaine

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2020
Messages
205
Reaction score
84
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Banggia Cardinal fish that have had babies before and several fry made it. Lately the male has been holding the eggs for a few days, then his jaw goes back to normal like he just ate the eggs. How do I prevent this? They are in a reef tank with several other fish but that is where they had the fry before. Does anyone know what might cause the male to not rear the fry?
Thanks
 
I have two Banggia Cardinal fish that have had babies before and several fry made it. Lately the male has been holding the eggs for a few days, then his jaw goes back to normal like he just ate the eggs. How do I prevent this? They are in a reef tank with several other fish but that is where they had the fry before. Does anyone know what might cause the male to not rear the fry?
Thanks
its the other fish likely intimidating him or know he as eggs in its mouth and harassing him
 
I was wondering if that was the case
That that happen myself and with the amount of fish I had at the time, the cardinal did not stand a chance
 
They don't eat while holding the eggs/fry. Do you feed enough that he's able to fatten up before they lay.
 
They don't eat while holding the eggs/fry. Do you feed enough that he's able to fatten up before they lay.
I tend to feed to much according to other people I talk to. I feed 2 times a day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new