Banggai cardinals breeding

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just noticed my cardinals started to mate and wanted to know how soon can I get the eggs in an incubator also if you have any recommendations on what to feed the baby cardinals that would be helpful
Thanks

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hatching is in the male's mouth. Count 30 dsys from 1st seeing the eggs or that the male does not eat. After 30 days try to catch him and he will spit the fry. Feed NHBS at least twice a fay and frosen copopods.

OP
OP
q8cyu

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hatching is in the male's mouth. Count 30 dsys from 1st seeing the eggs or that the male does not eat. After 30 days try to catch him and he will spit the fry. Feed NHBS at least twice a fay and frosen copopods.
Ok, thanks

OP
OP
q8cyu

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do you know if it is possible to put the eggs in an incubator. I’ve heard it is possible science every time they have eggs they eat them by the 14 day mark
Thanks

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do you know if it is possible to put the eggs in an incubator. I’ve heard it is possible science every time they have eggs they eat them by the 14 day mark
Thanks
Yes It is possible, I had poor results but others have had success especially if the male carries them at least a week. The longer the better. Usually around day 20-22 the egg yolk has been absorbed and they can easily be raised on TDO "B".

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
No idea
Also, note that the fry soon becomes aggressive to each other so need to get well fed

OP
OP
q8cyu

q8cyu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update the fish are the eggs the first day but still was mating a day later and I got the eggs and here they are

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 46

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back