Bangii Fin Rot??

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bangaii's top fin seems messed up but I can't figure out what it is. Its looked about the same for the past 2 ish weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting worse. Im assuming its something like fin rot but not sure. Its also been acting a bit weird with my other two clownfish lately. They aren't attacking him but whenever they get near each other the Bangii will kinda lean like 45 degrees on its side at the clownfish. I think its a submissive thing. Anything to be concerned about with either of those things?
tempImageV9puMU.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My Bangaii's top fin seems messed up but I can't figure out what it is. Its looked about the same for the past 2 ish weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting worse. Im assuming its something like fin rot but not sure. Its also been acting a bit weird with my other two clownfish lately. They aren't attacking him but whenever they get near each other the Bangii will kinda lean like 45 degrees on its side at the clownfish. I think its a submissive thing. Anything to be concerned about with either of those things?
tempImageV9puMU.jpg
As they rarely if ever get fin rot, looks like an injury to the tip of the top and how it heals- Time will tell
Keep an eye on it to assure it does not get red/imfected

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If it does should I move it to a qt and do a prazipro treatment?
As Jay confirmed- Not Prazi but Seachem Kanaplex and even Neoplex

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine had the same thing for a very long time, more than a year. He might even still have it, not sure. This seems to happen sometimes with Banggai so unless it keeps growing, I wouldn’t worry at all about it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it does should I move it to a qt and do a prazipro treatment?
I would say 'no' - it would need to be moved to a QT with an broad-spectrum antibiotic

EDIT - I didn't see the other posts. An antibiotic - in a hospital tank would be the next step unless you leave it as is

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back