Banned from another LFS lol

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on both sides of that coin. Back in the day I dated the owner of a LFS and spent my days off from my "real" job there selling things to customers and helping them with their problems. Many times I had potential customers get mad at me because I refused to sell them a fish or coral. I would explain my thought processes - their tank was too new/stocked with incompatible livestock/etc. Some would stay mad and we'd never see them again. More, however, would thank me for the help and then return at a later date when their tank was better suited to the creatures they wanted to keep.

I have also been asked to leave more than one LFS for doing as you have done - warn their potential customers that the employees were clearly more concerned about making a sale than they were about the health and well being of the creatures they were selling. Oh well. In those cases, there was nothing there I wanted anyway and/or it was overpriced/obviously sick/etc.

The LFS I now ferquent is a good store. Many locals bring in their surplus frags or overly large colonies for fish credit. I have met up with other reefers on several occasions at the store so that we could make trades of our own. As mentioned earlier, the upside for the LFS is that both of us are in the store and ready to buy. What possibly could be their motivation in discouraging these met-ups? Especially if they are hosting a club meeting! Sounds like a place I wouldn't want to spend my hard earned $$$ anyway!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back